4.8 / 5
7 user ratings
Ease of Use
Value for Money
Founded in 2016, Xcoins.com is a cryptocurrency platform that lets you buy Bitcoin online securely using a Visa or MasterCard debit card or credit card.
What is Xcoins?
Xcoins is a crypto trading platform that was founded in 2016 and is operated by its parent company CF Technologies Ltd., registered in Malta. The platform was created with a mission to make the process of buying and selling crypto as smooth and as seamless as possible so that even your grandma can stack some sats.
Xcoins was issued a Class 3 Virtual Financial Asset (VFA) License by Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), making the company one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges to receive these permissions. This means that their internal processes and policies are in line with the highest standards in the industry.
- Buy and sell 6 cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, XRP, DOGE) in 6 fiat currencies (GBP, USD, EUR, TRY, CAD, AUD)
- Low and transparent fees. Xcoins prides itself on transparency: during checkout, the system shows you the Processing fee + Network fee as well. Besides, you can choose transaction speed (there are two options: normal and fast, the latter is more expensive) which will affect the Network fee. Bonus: 0% processing fee on your first purchase.
- Instant delivery. Xcoins will send your crypto within 15 minutes of payment approval or your next transaction will be fee-free.
- Little to no verification. Currently, Xcoins is running a promotional campaign: you can buy up to $150 without verification. However, if you wish to buy more than $150 worth of crypto, this will trigger the KYC process. We’ve gone through it while preparing for this article, and it was quick and simple.
- World-class support. The support managers are available 24/7 via live chat, email, and even phone.
- Xcoins Payments. Xcoins can also help you receive payments for your products and services. Here’s how it works: your customer pays in crypto (the system supports 10+ cryptocurrencies including BTC, ETH, and XRP), and you receive funds in all major cryptocurrencies as well as USD, EUR, and GBP within seconds.
- Affiliate program. For each user you refer, you will receive $10 and a 20% revenue share of the fees the referred users generate, provided that such referred users make purchases over USD 200 in aggregate. The affiliates are paid every Monday, and all payments are made in BTC.
Pros & Cons
- Great for beginners (not complete beginners though!)
- Little to no verification
- Low exchange rates and transparent fees
- Quick transaction speed
- Great customer support
- Limited number of crypto- and fiat currencies
- Limited payment methods
- No mobile app — you’re tied to the browser
How to trade crypto on Xcoins
With Xcoins, it is very fast and easy to buy crypto assets. All you need to do is sign up on Xcoins which is available in 167 countries, check the price of Bitcoin, and select how much you wish to purchase.
Note: if you are a complete beginner, you will need to set up a cryptocurrency wallet first and familiarize yourself with how it works. Xcoins will send your crypto to your wallet and you must know how to access it from there.
Next, you must choose your payment method. Xcoins supports payments via credit and debit cards, and through bank transfer using SEPA and Faster Payments. Once you’ve made your payment, the coins of your choice should hit your wallet within 15 minutes. Easy!
If you wish to sell your Bitcoin, the process is pretty much the same and consists of three simple steps:
- Sign up for an Xcoins account if you haven’t done so already;
- Head to the ‘sell’ tab, select Bitcoin, and decide how much you want to sell;
- Receive fiat of your choice within 15 minutes.
Verification and Tech Support
Xcoins has a very minimalistic and straightforward design which makes it very easy to navigate through the pages and nothing distracts you from buying or selling your crypto. However, UX is exactly the part where we needed to test the famous Xcoins tech support. You see, when we just began getting to know Xcoins, the $150 promo was already there — together with the usual verification process. Yes, the one where you have to submit certain documents to be able to do cooler things.
We wanted to get at least Level-3 Verification to check how long it takes to verify submitted documents. This is where the mobile app would be extremely useful since you have to submit not only pictures of your IDs but also a selfie holding a said ID and a piece of paper with specific text written on it. Having Apple devices made the process a bit faster thanks to iCloud sync but if you’re on Windows and/or Android, opt for doing everything right from your mobile browser.
L1 and L2 verification went quickly and easily as we only had to confirm our email and phone numbers. It took seconds, not even minutes.
We only encountered some resistance when submitting the documents. Despite multiple uploads in different file formats, the verification did not go through. So we had the opportunity to try out the chat support.
Support rep Gil was kind enough to receive our documents and selfies via email and assured us that everything was fine and that we would receive the L3 verification confirmation in no time. And he was right.
Here’s how to reach Xcoins' tech support:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: US: +888 71COINS / International: +1 (305) 946 1796
- Help center / FAQ: click here
- Or simply click “Chat” in the bottom right corner of the page.
We’ve gone through this verification process to get to know Xcoins’ transaction limits, as they are nowhere to be found on the website. However, you can see your current limits from the profile page right under your name.
We got a bit nitpicky and decided to find out the limits for you guys. Here they are:
- Level 1: $10,000 in single order/daily limit $25,000 monthly max 20 orders max per month/3 orders max per day
- Level 2: $20,000 in a single order/daily limit $50,000 monthly max 50 orders max per month/6 orders max per day
- Level 3: $20,000 in a single order/$50,000 daily limit $100,000 monthly max 100 orders max per month/10 orders max per day
- Level 4: $20,000 in a single order/$50,000 daily limit $200,000 monthly max 400 orders max per month/50 orders max per day
- Level 5: $3,000 in a single order/$3,000 daily limit $15,000 monthly max 15 orders max per month/3 orders max per day
Xcoins.com is a great choice for those who wish to buy or sell crypto in a quick and secure manner. Xcoins offers one of the best exchange rates in the market and a rather low processing fee. We would definitely love to be able to transact with more cryptocurrencies (at least Top-10 will do) but it’s probably just a matter of time.
Xcoins would also benefit from having a mobile app. We are very much looking forward to it as it will make things even faster and easier. Although we noticed some room for improvement here and there on the website, we have heard that it will soon be completely overhauled. Can't wait!
One more thing: Xcoins is not suitable for complete beginners as it involves an additional and very important step of setting up a crypto wallet. A newbie might have a hard time understanding what’s needed from them since the only explanation of wallets can be found under My Orders in the FAQ.
Really fast sign up! Fee is pretty much standard for credit card guys. But i needed Bitcoin fast for a friend and this was by far the fastest one i signed up too. Got my BTC in about 10 minutes. Actually a really good experience and will use again.
2 years ago
Verification process took like 10 minutes. Support answers immediately! Coins transferred in line with what they promise. I'm really happy with the service they offer.
2 years ago
SonaKVerified Purchase Verified User
I definitely recommend Xcoins. I was surprised at how quickly I got my BTC for my first purchase, seeing as on other sites I had to wait days. With Xcoins I think it was like 20 minutes max...amazing. Also, awesome customer support. Thanks Xcoins! :)
2 years ago
I didn't know how to confirm my order. xcoins basically walked me through every step. They were prompt at helping me complete my order. Thank you so much!
2 years ago
Started when a was a newbie because of the always-on support. Never left because they never lie to me and make certain that all my orders are top priority.
I’ll pay 5% all day long for an honest provider that does their job and always sends my coins without delay - kudos on the excellent service!
2 years ago
Used Xcoins for the first time in January for a single purchase and now won't go anywhere else. I'm a bit of a newbie so I absolutely love that I can call them by phone anytime and get someone to help me.
2 years ago
Coinbase Pro is a cryptocurrency broker based in United States that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 59 cryptocurrencies.
LiteBit is a cryptocurrency broker based in Netherlands that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 14 cryptocurrencies.
Kraken is a cryptocurrency broker based in United States that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 65 cryptocurrencies.
bitFlyer is a cryptocurrency broker based in Luxembourg that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 4 cryptocurrencies.
Bitvavo is a cryptocurrency broker based in Netherlands that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 67 cryptocurrencies.
Kriptomat is a cryptocurrency broker based in Estonia that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 13 cryptocurrencies.
Binance is a cryptocurrency broker based in Malta that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 74 cryptocurrencies.
eToro is a cryptocurrency broker based in Gibraltar that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 56 cryptocurrencies.
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency broker based in United States that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 60 cryptocurrencies.
Bitpanda is a cryptocurrency broker based in Austria that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 57 cryptocurrencies.
bit2me is a cryptocurrency broker based in Spain that launched its service in and offers individuals to buy and sell more than 20 cryptocurrencies.
Getting started with crypto can be hard. Our detailed price comparisons and cryptocurrency guides have you covered.